Know what is meant by the kind of lights present in airplanes and how they work.
1. Taxi Light: These are the lights which are used in the taxi mode of the airplane while running on the ground. These lights of 150 volts help the airplane to see the runway. As soon as the flight gets a taxi clearance, the pilot ignites the ISCI taxi light. This lights up the runway and helps the pilot.
2. Take off light: Take off lights along with taxi lights. They are brighter than the taxi light and are lit only at the time of take-off of the plane. These lights throw lights far beyond the taxi lights. These lights burn only when the airplane is fully ready for take off.
A very sensitive part of an airplane has its wings. Since they are different from the main body, their protection is very important. Wing lights are installed for this purpose,
3. Runway Turn Off Light: Apart from take-off and taxi lights, there are a variety of lights whose angle is even wider. These lights help the pilot to see the entire path correctly to the pilot driving the airplane on the runway.
4. Wing scan light: A very sensitive part of an airplane has its wings. Since they are different from the main body, their protection is very important. Wing lights are installed for this purpose, so that at the time of take off, the complete shape of the airplane can be clearly understood even in the dark. Also, these lights also help the pilot a lot. Pilots flying through the clouds, with the help of these lights, are able to see if there is any snow on the wings.
The plane also has bright orange lights that light up when the first engine starts and stops when the engine stops.
5. Anti Collision Beacon: These lights are suitable for the crew of cleaning or maintaining the plane on the ground. These are bright orange lights that light up when the first engine of the airplane starts and close with the last engine shutdown. The reason is that the ground crew can know that now the airplane has completely stopped.
6. Landing Light: These are bright white colored lights which help in clearing the skies and runways at the time of landing in an airplane. These lights are also used to light on runways where the lighting is low. These lights are sometimes under the wings, sometimes on the outer surface of the wings and sometimes elsewhere. Many airplanes have landing lights at more than one place.
The signs of these different lights of the plane are understood anywhere in the world.
7. Navigation Light (3): These lights are present to determine the direction of the flying airplane. There are 3 lights for navigation. The light on the side of the pilot glows in green light, the red color on the other side and the light in the tail of the plane gives white light. Depending on the position of the light, it becomes easier for the pilot of another airplane to understand in which direction the airplane is facing.
8. High intensity strobe light: These bright lights help to make the airplane more likeable. It is mounted under red and green lights with navigation. These lights are very bright and during the flight work to attract the attention of the people around them.
9. Logo Light: Every company has a logo that is visible on their airplanes. Logo lights are used to illuminate the same logo. It has two advantages. The first is that it is understandable to see which company is flying the airplane. At the same time, the company is also promoted like big posters.